Continuing Cold Wax and Oil Journey


Florida Sunset, Oil and Cold wax pallet knife 1x2ft

Another year and another January in Florida. This year we are renting a home with a sunny lanai where I set up a table, covered it and the floor with tarps and made a really sweet studio away from home. What I really like about it, is that it is right in sight from any where in the house. I just walk out, put a few strokes of paint on the panels or spend a whole day creating in a beautiful sunny and protected studio. I wish Minnesota had this kind of weather.

These paintings are being produced for my show in February and March at the Waseca Art Center. This is the final project, completing the plans I proposed last year for a grant from the Prairie Lakes Regional Arts Council, the McKnight Foundation and the State of Minnesota Clean Water Land and Legacy Amendment.

I have used the grant to purchase all the tools, panels, cold wax and paint I used to create the paintings in this show. Of course, I really saved a lot of money by having my husband, Dan build the cradled panels for me. And he enjoyed doing it too. He really found the system that made the work go quickly and perfectly. He did have to sell a small train layout that he made after he realized was just in the way. (Don't feel sorry for him. He has three other larger layouts.) He needed the work room for the 3 ft, by 4 ft. panels he made for me.  He built a total of 14 panels ranging in size from 1 foot by 1 foot, 2x2, 2x3. and 3ft.x4ft. All for the cost of two 4x8ft. clear birch panels and some lumber for the frame.
The following paintings are a selection of what you will see in the show. I have more surprises for those of you who will come to the opening on March 2, 6-8 at the Waseca Art Center.

Series of paintings with a river running through them. Title to come.
Blue

Red for obvious reason

Green

Foggy low tiide

Flooded

Foggy hill

Up North

Florida Wave


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Did Win!

Pandemic Exhibit

Getting Ready