Winning!


 I submitted my cold wax and oil painting " Balm of Rain" to the Prairie Lakes Regional Art Show. It was accepted and received a 4th place award.  A nice surprise. I receive lots of questions, Is cold wax the same as encaustic painting. No, encaustic requires heat. Cold wax is just that cold. And so easy and fun to work with. It is really just different medium to use with oil paint.
Here is a description.  http://www.coldwaxpainting.com/coldwax.html




These photos are of another finished painting that I submitted to the Prairie Lakes show, Sunshowers. I include two close ups so you can get an idea of the heavy texture I included in the painting.  The shadow  lines are from blinds in the window. The sun was shining over the texture showing it off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Did Win!

Pandemic Exhibit

Getting Ready